Simple Steps to customize User Type
A User Type works like a template when creating users and saves time when many users share certain details or privileges.
You can create a new User Type if you have created a new Roles.
Follow the steps below to create new User Type.
1. Click the button on the right side.
2. Select the ‘User Type Editor”.
3. User Type Editor wizard will appear, enter the User Type Name then click Next.
4. Tick the Username and Password as required field and the rest are optional.
On the right side, there are 2 checkbox columns;
- First check box, to make the field visible, like for example, if the Phone Number is unchecked, once you right click and edit user, Phone number field won’t be visible.
- Second check box, to make the field a mandatory, like for example, if the Email checked as mandatory, once you create a new user, you need to enter the email address for that user otherwise it won’t save.
5. Unchecked the Driver Info as it’s not needed, then proceed to Roles and select the Roles that you just created. As shown below, the Roles selected were created from this post.
6. Select the default tag, if need to create new tag, just click “+ Add new Tag” button. Then click Next.
7. Unchecked all as shown below and click Save.
Repeat the steps if creating different User Type.
Now, try to add the new user. Click “+ Add new User”.
Select the User Type name which created in Step 3. Then click Next.
Noticed that Phone Number field is not visible here because it’s unchecked in Step 4
Roles and Tags are pre-selected because it’s already selected in Step 5 and 6.
Basically, adding User Type can help to streamline adding new users process with user types.