Simple Steps to create user custom Roles
Roles is a feature that give a user different rights. A Roles has access to a set of Features in your account. Multiple Roles can be applied to any User in your account.
By default, your account has 2 different Roles:
- Company Administrator = the user has given a full access.
- Company Operator = this user have limited access only, such as able to track or view vehicle and generate reports.
The guide below will show on how to create a new Roles and assign privileges to a user in Operation department with limited access only.
1. Go to Admin and click “Roles”.
2. Click “+Create copy” button to copy Roles from Company Operator.
3. Enter the Name and Description of the Role.
If “Auto allow new items” is checked, new objects that are created will automatically be added to the Role. For example;
If _ReadData is enabled for the Role and a new Tag is created, the new Tag is automatically added as an object under _ReadData for that Role. or if _ReadView is enabled for the Role and a new View is created, the new View is automatically added as an object under _ReadView for that role.
We recommend keeping unchecked this option when creating a new Role with limited access.
4. Select the existing Users or you can skip this and click Next if the purpose is just creating a new role.
5. Under privileges, expand the _ReadData and select only the tags that belongs to Operation vehicles. For more details on creating tags, read this post.
6. Expand the _ReadViews and select only the view for Operation Vehicles. For more details on creating views, read this post.
7. Expand the Workspaces and then check only the workspace that you want to use by the user under _UseSharedWorkspace. If you want to create a new workspace for Operation department, read this post.
8. Expand the Reporting and _ViewReport then check only the required report for the user.
9. Click Save button.
After creating this Roles, any user assigned can only see the Operation vehicles, other vehicles from another group of users will not visible to this Roles.
Read this post on how to create new user type template after creating a new Role.