The steps to setup Vehicle Idling alert
This guide will show how to create an event with the icon in vehicle panel when the vehicle is Idling for more than 20 minutes.
The definition here for Idling event is when vehicle Speed less or equal to 5km/h AND Engine is ON. This event is very useful to help save money on fuel consumption, avoid unnecessary usage of the fleet and minimize idle time.
Assuming that you already read this post Understanding the use and creation of Event Rules
1. Go to Admin –> Event Rules then click Add new event rule.
2. Select the users to which rule applies.
3. Choose the schedule.
4. As shown below are the expressions need;
- Select “Analog expression” and set the condition for “Speed less or equal 5km/h”.
- Click the “+” button to add the Engine, it’s under the “Digital expression”.
- Click on the “Show advanced options” to add the End expressions, then select “Digital expression” and Engine is OFF. The event will close based on End expression, this expression is optional but can be useful if you want to make sure that event will close once the condition is true.
For this example, End expression is Engine OFF, it means that idling event will finish once the Engine is OFF otherwise the event will continue.
Then enter the Column header, this will be the column name that will appear in vehicle panel and select the Icon color.
Text while active means that Red icon will show if the above expressions are TRUE. when ends, will show Gray icon if the event already finished.
To add email notification, just click “+” button then select email then click Next.
6. Read here for more details about the Presentation options. click Save.
7. After saving the event rule, refresh the page then go to Vehicle panel and click the small box then enable the “Idling>20mins“. (Read this post on how to re-arrange the columns.) Make sure to save the Workspace.