Simple Steps to create a route geofence
The Route Geofence allows for creation of a virtual perimeter between two points. It can be used in order to ensure that a vehicle doesn’t leave a predetermined route, and if it does, an alarm can be set to inform the interested party.
Two ways of creating Route Geofences
A. First, similarly to the Circle and Polygon geofence, click on the dropdown menu in the Geofence panel and select “—New—route”, give the geofence a name and a radius and start drawing it on the map.
Assign the geofence to one or several tags and click on save.
B. Creating Route Geofences from Tracks.
- You can trim the track using the Start and Stop time stamps in the Tracks panel before you create the geofence.
- Right click on Track then select Create Route Geofence.
- Enter the Geofence name and Radius.
- Once the geofence is satisfactory, assign it to one or several tags and click on Save.
Mouse controls while drawing
- Left click to add points to the Route Geofence
- Right click to remove the last added point
- Double (left) click to end drawing
Mouse controls while editing
Once the route geofence drawing is completed, you can edit it using the following controls:
- Left click on a vertex edge (large square) and move it to a new position
- Left click in the middle of a vertex (small square) to add a point
- Right click on a vertex edge (large square) to remove the point