Steps to create Odometer Maintenance schedule
The example below used to create maintenance schedule based on Odometer.
1. Click on the menu Maintenance –> Schedules and click Add new Schedule.
2. Enter the name and click Next.
3. Click “Add Event” and enter details for your maintenance event.
More details on Linked Events, click here.
4. Enter details for your maintenance event.
Measuring – you can select Odometer, Time, Engine.
Expires – you can trigger an event once, at regular intervals or when an interval has passed since last service.
- Once – event will trigger once only.
- At regular intervals – This is intended for service events that should happen;
- predetermined odometer values throughout the car’s life, e.g. 5000 km, 10000 km, 15000 km, and so on
- time values in days, weeks, months, years
- Engine hours in hours
- When an interval has passed since last service – for example that Car1 was last serviced at 6300 km and the interval is 5000 km, then the next service will be scheduled for 6300 + 5000 = 11300 km. If the actual service was performed a little late, e.g. at 11500 km, then the next service after that will be at 11500 + 5000 = 16500 km, and so on.
Note: If selected this option, when a vehicle is first added to a schedule, it will have no “previous service”. This means that the vehicle will never be due for service until a service event is logged first. So the first thing to be done after adding a vehicle to schedule (or a schedule to a vehicle) is to log a service for when the vehicle was last serviced. (Logging service events in the past is possible, as long as they aren’t earlier than the latest logged service.)
Interval – set the value for which the maintenance will due.
Reminder – select the user who can receive the notification email alert when maintenance is due. Make sure the user selected have email address.
km in advance – a value in advance that will trigger notification email alert before the maintenance due.
Notification – select maintenance notification templates, to create a customize template, click here.
5. Click Next and select the role “_Unit”, if applies to all vehicles. Then Save.
If vehicles have different setup or you only want to apply the maintenance for specific vehicle, follow the steps below;
1. Go to Admin.
2. Select Roles.
3. Create copy of “_Unit”
4. Enter the Name and description (optional).
5. Click Next.
6. Select the specific vehicle no.
7. Then Save.