Steps to understand the Notes Panel
A Notes Panel will be added to the application in which Notes have been enabled. The Notes Panel contains all the Open notes for the logged in user. AGreen note is a new/unread note, while a Grey note means the note has been read.
The above Notes Panel contains 2 notes on 2 different users.
1. You can display archived notes by clicking on the Advanced search in the Notes Panel, selecting Include Archived, and clicking on the search button. Additionally, you can limit your search to a note category and a time period. Finally, you can enter a search word to further limit your search. The search word will be matched against notes titles and object names.
2. In the header of the note, the number on the left-hand side shows the number of entries within this note. It is followed by the note subject as well as the user/vehicle name on which the note has been placed
3. The next information is the time of the last entry within the note.
4. The total number of recipients and the number of recipients that read the note.
5. When you Pin a note it becomes sticky, stays on top of the notes list. You would usually want to Pin a note if it is important and you want to always see it.
6. Under the note header, we can see the fist entry of the note.
Each note can be click on, which will open the full content of the note. This will include all of its entries, a reply field, and some control buttons.
For easier navigation, you have the Previous, Next, and Home buttons. The previous button will go to the previous note, the next button will go to the next note, and the home button will go back to the Notes Panel and display all of your notes.
1. Click the button to add, remove or change the recipient
2. Change and remove the categories.
3. Pin button.
4. Home button, go back to Notes Panel.
5. The reply field, you have an expand button. This button will expand the input filed into a larger box where you can compose a longer note.
6. The send button will add your text to the current note and notify all the recipients that the note has been updated.
7. The delete button will delete the current note.
8. The archive button will archive the current note so that, by default, it does not show in your Notes Hub. You can archive notes when you’re done with them so that your note list is kept to a minimum. A note will be reopened once a new reply has been added. You can display archived notes by clicking on the Advanced search in Notes Panel.