Simple Steps to check Driver Journal usage
Driver Journal usage is a feature used to categorize and add notes to trips. Users can categorize their trips and add notes in a simple web interface.
Setting up Driver Journal
1. Create a User with the Driver with journal user type (or add the _DriverJournal role to an existing driver). For User Type, read this post.
2. Attach the driver to a vehicle with the Default vehicle setting and select a start date for the connection. This method is the same with job dispatch, read this post.
3. Login the user created in Step 1 or the admin user can directly categorize and add notes to a worker trips.
If login as Admin user, change the Workspace to Driver Journal. The admin able to select Driver name by clicking on the drop down menu.
If login as Driver user, can see only the trips that belong to the driver itself.
Understanding the Driver Journal
1. Use the calendar and the navigation buttons to move back and forward in time.
2. Click the drop down menu to select the Driver name.
3. Select a Category (Business, Private, Other or none) to add a trip to the Journal.
4. Shows the columns for Distance, Start Time, Duration, Start Odo, End Odo and End Address of the trips.
5. Enter a Note for the trip if you want to add details to it. The information is automatically saved in the Journal as you enter it and trips that are added to the journal turn green.
6. When you select a trip or journal entry it’s details are shown in the information window and the track is displayed on the map.
7. Click on the Show Report button to display the currently selected time period in the Driver Journal report. You can print the report and email it for archiving.
Merging the Journal Entry
Using the “+“ buttons to the right of the Note field will merge consecutive trips to a single journal entry. This button will only show if the category is “none”. As shown below.
Click the top button to proceed with merging and click “–” to cancel.
Deleting Journal Entry
To delete the Journal Entry just simply change the Category to “-none-“.
Driver Journal Reports
There are 3 different report templates available;
1. DJ1000 Driver Journal (Vehicle) = This report is group by Vehicle no. for each driver and must select the vehicle tag not the driver name in VehicleID.
2. DJ1001 Driver Journal (Driver) = This report is group by Driver name for each vehicle no. and must select the Driver name, not the Vehicle no. in VehicleID.
3. DJ1002 Driver Journal (Category) = This report is group by Category and must select the Driver name, not the Vehicle no. in VehicleID.
To activate the reports above, follow this guide on how to create a report and select the report template for Driver journal.