Simple Steps to create Geofence event rule
This guide will show you on how to create an event rule that will trigger an event when the vehicle Enter/Exit Geofence. This is useful for the fleet operator if they want to be notified when their vehicle Enter/Exit the project site.
1. Go to Admin –> Event Rules then click Add new event rule.
2. Select the users to which rule applies.
3. Choose the schedule.
4. Expressions needed for Geofence alert;
click the drop down menu and select “Geofence Expression” then select Geofence tag name and choose if you want to trigger the event Inside or Outside, as shown below the event will trigger once the vehicle Enter the Project Site geofence.
Under Show advanced options, click the drop down menu and select “Geofence Expression” then select the Geofence tag name that will trigger to close the event.
5. Notifications are;
- Report Argument – will show Geofence name in report.
- Argument – the label name “Geofence alert” will show on the map once selected in step 6 under Map marker –> Label.
- Command – this will enable the mobile app notification. For more details, contact support (email@example.com)
You can setup other type of notifications like email or icon, read this post for more details.
6. Presentation. If enable, the alarm will show on the map, more details HERE.